The Mayor Of Wandsworth, Cllr Angela Graham, attended Wandsworth Clinical Commissioning Group's first Expert Patients Programme Reunion of 2014 at The Wilditch Centre, Battersea.
The event gives former and recent graduates from Wandsworth CCGs Expert Patients Programme Self Management Programme the chance to share how self-management of their long term health condition has enabled them to achieve personal success.
The theme for the most recent meeting was ‘safety in the home’, with contributions on community safety from Wandsworth Borough Council and London Fire Brigade who shared their knowledge of sensible safety practices.
The Expert Patients Programme is a six week course which runs for 2 ½ hours every week. The sessions are run by tutors who have been through the programme and also have an ongoing health conditions. The programme includes:
- Coping with feelings of depression, anger and frustration
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and healthcare professionals
- Relaxation exercises
- Healthy eating and nutrition
- Managing symptoms and medication
- Planning for the future and much more
More information about the programme can be found here