Talk Wandsworth is a free and confidential service, available to people aged 18 years or over, which provides access to expert advice and techniques to help address problems with stress, anxiety, depression, or low mood.
We provide help for people who are experiencing a range of issues including panic attacks, bereavement, work and money worries, trouble sleeping, phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, health anxieties, and much more,
Treatment offered within the service
We offer a variety of NICE recommended psychological treatments for people over the age of 18 who live in Wandsworth or are registered with a Wandsworth GP and are experiencing common mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, phobias, obsessions and traumatic stress.
• Groups, seminars, wellbeing workshops and courses for depression, anxiety, low self- esteem, sleep problems, employment support stress and anger management
• Individual therapy with a clinician
• Integrative psychotherapy - Counselling provided by The Awareness Centre in GP practices and community settings.
• Online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)* - both live, in real-time using written (typed) conversations and guided self-help where patients are given the course material to work through in their own time and are allocated a psychological wellbeing practitioner who will guide them through the programme and help with any questions.
• Self-help materials and books on prescription
We also signpost to other sources of help including employment support.