Customer care

Customer Care function sits within the Corporate Affairs, Performance and Quality Directorate of the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).  Our functions include:

  • Complaints Management
  • MP Enquiries
  • Quality Alerts Management

We aim to:

  • Listen to your concerns regarding CCG specific activities and give you information on the options available.
  • Guide you through the NHS complaints process, if you want to make a complaint.
  • Use your comments and suggestions to gain insight into the performance of our providers and  to improve locally commissioned NHS services.

What can I do if I have a concern about my NHS treatment or care?

First of all, you should discuss your concern with your clinician or another relevant person in the clinic, ward or department. They are best placed to discuss and manage your concerns.

If you are not happy with how your concern was dealt with, don't feel embarrassed to ask for the information to be repeated.  If your concern cannot be resolved locally with the clinician or relevant person then you need to contact the organisations' PALS Department (see a list of services and their PALS departments below). 

I need help in making a complaint

For independent help with making a complaint about the NHS, contact:

POhWER Advocacy 

Tel: 0300 456 2370


Text: send the word 'pohwer' with your name and number to 81025


I need support in finding further information

Healthwatch Wandsworth is a new independent information and signposting service for local health and social care services.

Helpline – 020 8516 7767


Website: ​

Wandsworth CCG and the services it commissions

Complaints about the way Wandsworth CCG has commissioned services should be directed through the Customer Care Team and we will do our best to help:

Tel: 0203 922 1450


Our Customer Care Team does not cover the following:

  • Complaints regarding primary care services, that is, GPs, Dentists, Opticians and Pharmacies
  • A complaint made by a local authority, NHS Body, Primary Care Provider or Independent provider
  • A complaint made by an employee  of a local authority or NHS body about any matter relating to employment
  • A complaint which is the same as a complaint that has previously been made and resolved
  • A complaint arising out of the alleged failure by the organisation to comply with a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
  • Complaints should be made to Wandsworth CCG no later than 12 months after the subject of the complaint occurred or realising that there was something to complain about


How do I complain about my GP, pharmacy, dentist or an optician?

If you want to make a complaint about your GP, pharmacy, dentist or optician, in the first instance you should contact them directly.  If your complaint cannot be resolved locally with the Practice Manager then you need to contact NHS England:


NHS England

P.O. Box 16728


B97 9PT

Telephone:   0300 311 22 33 (this is charged as a local rate call)




Services commissioned by Wandsworth CCG:

We commission services from several providers. Our main providers are: 


St. George's Healthcare NHS Trust (including Queen Marys' Hospital Roehampton and Wandsworth Community Services)

Telephone:  020 8725 2453




Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust

Telephone:   020 3315 6727




Kingston Hospital NHS Trust

Telephone:   020 8546 7711


Website:  www.kingstonhospital


Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust

Telephone:  020 7188 8801 or 020 7188 8803




South West London and St. Georges Mental Health Trust

Telephone: 020 35136150




For a concern about care homes contact:

Wandsworth Adult Social Services

Telephone:  020 8871 7707 (Access Team)




What if I am not happy with local resolution?

We aim to give a satisfactory reply to all complaints we receive but if you are still not happy with the response, or the way your complaint was handled after the first stage.  You can ask for an independent review of your case (second stage) by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.


The Ombudsman is independent of the NHS, they will decide if they are able to investigate your complaint.


The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Milbank Tower


London SW1P 4QP


Tel: 0345 015 4033

Fax: 0300 061 4000



Complaints procedure leaflet.pdf