On the 1st April Wandsworth CCG took on the formal responsibilities for primary care commissioning from NHS England. This now means that Wandsworth CCG is now responsible for commissioning GP service in the Borough. As part of our new responsibilities the CCG have established a new Primary Care Committee. This is an exciting time for the CCG and we welcome the opportunities that this will bring to the CCG and to practices and patients in Wandsworth.
Primary Care Committee
The Wandsworth Primary Care Committee is the local body responsible for the commissioning of GP services in the borough. The Committee makes decisions locally on how family doctor (GP) services are commissioned. The Committee works with NHS England to make sure that all our residents have access to a GP and that GP practices deliver safe, high quality services to their patients.
This helps us to improve patient care in the following ways:
- Improved access to primary care and more out-of-hospitals services available closer to home;
- High quality out-of-hospitals care;
- Improved health outcomes, equity of access, reduced inequalities; and
- A better patient experience through more joined up services.
The Committee meets quarterly and members of the public are welcome to attend. If confidential and sensitive matters are being discussed, the public may be excluded from this part of the meeting.
Membership of the Committee includes:
- Chair Lay Member
- Vice Chair Lay member
- Associate Lay Members
- Chief Accountable Officer
- CCG Chair
- Director of Primary Care Development
- CCG Chief Finance Officer
- WCCG Secondary Care consultant
- Director of Commissioning & Planning
- Director of Quality & Performance
Non Voting Members
- GP Locality Clinical Leads
- NHS England (London Regional Team) Representative
- HealthWatch Representative
- LMC Representative
- Health & Wellbeing Board Representative
Primary Care Committee Meeting Dates 2019/20
- Tuesday 28th May 2019, 10-11:30, MR1/2, 73 Upper Richmond Road, east Putney, SW15 2SR.
- Tuesday 3rd September, 09:30-11:30, Main Hall, Nightingale House, 105 Nightingale Lane, London, SW12 8NB
- Thursday 23rd January 2020, 15:00-17:00, Main Hall, Nightingale House, 105 Nightingale Lane, London, SW12 8NB
- Tuesday 3rd March 2020, 09:30 – 11:30, Main Hall, Nightingale House, 105 Nightingale Lane, London, SW12 8NB