The Clinical Effectiveness and Medicines Management Group supports evidence-based decision making and policy making on behalf of Wandsworth CCG.
The group helps to ensure the commissioning of services that meet local need, are evidence based and are consistent with national guidance (e.g. NICE), National Service Frameworks and best practice.
The group supports continuous improvement and high standards in clinical practice through the development of medicine management policies, local guidelines and care pathways in conjunction with primary and secondary care clinicians.
Prescribing, Medicines Management and OptimisationWe work with GP practices to maximise high quality, safe and cost-effective prescribing, including medication review. We also promote good practice in care homes across Wandsworth.
Our work includes:
• Supporting the development of medicine management in GP practices and improving outcomes with the use of medicines (optimisation)
• Working with colleagues in primary care (GPs, community pharmacists and nurses) and hospital staff to facilitate transition of patients between hospital and primary care
• Assisting patients in getting the best outcome from their medicines so they lead healthy lives and avoid hospital admissions (optimisation).
• Supporting the NHS to achieve value for money in the use of medicine, which costs around £35 million in Wandsworth
• Providing professional advice on clinical pharmacy matters to patients and healthcare staff
• Ensuring governance around medicines is maintained and the organisation complies with current, national and local prescribing best practice within limited financial resources
For general enquires, please contact Gary Bradley, Prescribing Support Technician, Pharmacy Team on 020 8812 6600 or email email@example.com