Equality, diversity, and inclusion play an important role in Wandsworth CCG's plan to reduce health inequalities. The Thinking Partners Group has been tasked with supporting these objectives, and is made of staff, patients, carers, local residents, Healthwatch Wandsworth, and community and voluntary sector organisations. While the group regularly challenges commissioners on how they are reducing health inequalities, they also support them through their knowledge of the Public Sector Equality Duty, Accessible Information Standard, and nine protected characteristics.
Members of the Thinking Partners Group include:
- Wandsworth Care Alliance
- Balham Autumn Rose Club
- Balham Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Paul's Cancer Centre
- Local patient and carer representatives
- Wandsworth Borough Council
- Baked Bean Theatre Company
- 60+ Cafe
- RCCG The King's Court
- The Somali Community Advancement Organisation (SCAO)
- The Hope Project, Tooting Neighbourhood Centre
- Women of Wandsworth (WOW)
- Wandsworth Access Association
- Share Community
- A2nd Voice
- Aspire2Inspire Dyslexia
- Wandsworth LGBT Forum
The group's feedback has led to various changes including:
- Wandsworth Joint Prevention Framework: Members advised how topics such as empowerment, language, disability, and location can become barriers for people trying to make better healthcare decisions. Due to this feedback, the new Wandsworth Joint Prevention Framework will place a greater emphasis on these topics, and highlight how people can access support for resolving them.
- Voluntary Sector Coordinator: Members were encouraged to put forward ideas on how the CCG could strengthen its relationship with the community and voluntary sector. As a result of these ideas, we have developed the role of the Voluntary Sector Coordinator alongside Wandsworth Care Alliance. The Coordinator has encouraged both CCG staff and community and voluntary organisations to share ideas, skills, and networks to positively influence local services. This closer working relationship has also raised the profile of Wandsworth CCG, as we have received more input from seldom heard groups that we would not normally engage as much with.
This group meets bi-monthly.
Times and dates:
- Wednesday 9th August 2017. 2-4.30pm
- Wednesday 11th October 2017. 2-4.30pm
- Wednesday 13 December 2017. 2-4.30pm
All meetings are Held at:
73-75 Upper Richmond Road,
For more information or to attend a meeting, please contact:
Tel: 0208 8126741
Terms of reference document
Terms of reference