Wandsworth CCG aims to provide our stakeholders with timely, appropriate, and accessible information about local health and care services that could affect them.
Essential to this is the Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Reference Group which is made up of members from a variety of patient participation groups, patient consultative groups, representatives from community and faith groups, and individual stakeholders.
This year, the group has become a strong source for co-production; several members are now working with commissioners and Public Health colleagues to develop separate projects, with the knowledge from these being fed back at PPI Reference Group meetings.
Members of the PPI Reference Group
- Healthwatch Wandsworth
- Patient Participation groups
- Battersea Patient Consultative Group
- Wandle Patient Consultative Group
- West Wandsworth Patient Consultative Group
- Wandsworth Care Alliance
- Balham Autumn Rose Club
- Balham Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Catherine Lowe Settlement
- Local patient and carer representatives
- Wandsworth Borough Council
- Voluntary Sector Coordination Project
The group's feedback has led to various changes including:
Long- Term Conditions Clinic:
Members discussed the role of family members, carers, patient transport, and the skillset needed to adequately service older people's healthcare. A key theme was perception, and the need to get the language right: the current Multi-Morbidity Clinic name, was rejected as being 'not user-friendly'. Due to this feedback, the name has now been changed to the Long-Term Conditions Clinic.
Members advised that although the CCG spent a lot of time engaging with stakeholders, it did not always let them know how their input had made a difference. Due to this feedback, we have developed a 'you said, we did' approach, ensuring that commissioners respond to the feedback they receive and provide examples of how their actions have been influenced. This will be promoted through our publications, meetings, and communication channels.
This group meets bi-monthly.
Upcoming meetings are scheduled for:
Dates & Time for 2019
- Wednesday 13th February - 2.00pm - 4:00pm
- Wednesday 10th April - 2.00pm - 4:00pm
- Wednesday 12th June - 2.00pm - 4:00pm
- Wednesday 9th October - 2.00pm - 4:00pm
- Wednesday 11th December - 2.00pm - 4:00pm
All meetings are held at our office on:
73-75 Upper Richmond Road,
For more information or to attend a meeting, please contact:
Tel: 0208 8126741