The NHS Wandsworth Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) Referral Management Programme (RMP) aims to improve the quality of referrals and as a result reduce the number of patients referred inappropriately to secondary care. The programme aims to do this by:
Improving the patient referral pathway and experience
- Guaranteeing patient choice.
- Treating patients as individuals with needs and concerns at very uncertain times of their lives.
Supporting GPs in decision-making
- Software to obtain clinical expertise and advice from consultants within a 24 hour period (Kinesis).
- Providing a central location for GPs to obtain guidance, patient information, referral forms and pathways (DXS).
- A peer review and education structure to encourage referral discussions.
Obtaining feedback from everyone who uses the process
- NHS Wandsworth CCG.
All feedback will be used as ‘continuous improvement’ to enhance the service.